Coronavirus/COVID-19 – Statement
New updates are written in bold.
A note from Booths:
We know many of you may be concerned about recent uncertainty around the Coronavirus.
Booths wanted to let you know we’re doing everything we can to supply the food and essentials your family needs. If we all shop for the food that we and our families need, there will be enough for everyone.
We wanted to share with you the steps we’ve taken to ensure our stores remain well stocked and safe for the coming weeks.
- We’ve ordered more stock of essential items.
- Our stores and manufacturing sites have elevated their already high standards of hygiene, incorporating additional cleaning, disinfecting procedures and frequency.
- We have taken the decision to limit some of our customer tastings, but some supplier led tastings will continue. We will ensure the highest levels of hygiene are upheld.
- Buy only what you need – we’re replenishing regularly.
- Shop alone if possible, and as infrequently as possible.
- Keep a 2 metre distance from others. We are placing markers on the floor in your stores to assist with social distancing, and screens at tills to protect checkout colleagues.
- We may control how many customers enter the store if it becomes too busy to maintain the 2 metre distance.
- Wash your hands regularly or use hand sanitiser and avoid touching your face.
- Pay by card or contactless. The maximum spending limit has increased to £45. We are also able to accept other forms on contactless payment such as Google Pay.
- Touch only what you intend to buy.
- Treat our colleagues with kindness and respect.
In Store Updates
As of Tuesday 24th March, our store opening hours will change to the following :
Monday – Saturday:
8am – 8pm
8am – 7pm (Chorley and Kendal only)
10am – 4pm
11am – 5pm (Media City only)
We are also offering priority shopping hours for NHS, police, fire services, army personnel, social care workers, teachers and Booths colleagues. These hours will be:
Monday – Saturday:
7am – 8am and 8pm – 9pm
7am – 8am and 7pm – 8pm (Chorley and Kendal only)
9am – 10am (browsing hour, tills will open at 10am)
10am – 11am (Media City only, browsing hour, tills will open at 11am)
- Our loose artisan bread and cakes on our in store bakery tables will be wrapped for the time being.
- We’ve also taken the decision to close our in store Cafés for the foreseeable future. All cafes will be closed by the end of Friday 20th March 2020, with our café colleagues deployed elsewhere in store.
We’d like to reassure you that we have a robust process in place for ensuring we protect and support all our colleagues during this challenging time, in line with government advice. We are following advice from PHE, The FSA & our Primary Authority to the letter.
We care for our colleagues a great deal and we are updating them on a daily basis regarding what they need to do in relation to Covid-19.
From Monday 23rd March our Fulwood store café will open as a takeaway service for NHS, police, fire services, army personnel and social care workers. We’ll be open from 7am to 3pm Monday to Sunday (until further notice) offering:
- 15% discount on all food
- Half price hot drinks
- A free hot drink with purchase of a bacon or sausage roll (if you have any dietary requirements, please ask and we will do our best to accommodate them.
- Between 12pm and 3pm, choose any Booths ready meal from the fridges in store, which will be heated up for you and available in a takeaway box.
Simply show your ID to our colleague at the café counter.
We’d like to say a huge, heartfelt thank you to all of you for your hard work and dedication, we really appreciate you all.
Helping Our Vulnerable Customers
In order to support some of our more vulnerable customers, from 24th March we are introducing the ability to take payment over the telephone. This will allow those who are sending friends, neighbours or relatives to shop for them to pay for the shopping remotely.
Please make your way to the clearly marked checkout in store, where an assistant will scan through the shopping then place a call for the shopping to be paid for over the telephone.
Please note, there is a £100 spend limit in place on this service.
We’re also offering a home delivery service, click here to find out more.
Use of Gloves
Update on our Food Bank Donation Points
How can you help?
We’d like to encourage you to shop outside of 9.30am – 11am Monday to Friday to allow our vulnerable and elderly customers priority to shop. We will not be policing this or turning anyone away, it’s simply an appeal to our customers to help us look after our community.
Guidelines on who this applies to:
The elderly are classed as those 70+ in line with government guidelines.
Vulnerable refers to those who are at increased risk of severe illness from coronavirus as per government advice, which can be found by tapping here.
- Please buy and only buy what you and your family need. If we all do this, then we can make sure we have enough for everyone.
- Local communities are important, and you might ask friends and neighbours if they need shopping. Sharing the shopping will help the vulnerable to stay well.
We will no doubt face some issues over the next few weeks however please be assured we are pulling out all the stops to deliver the best possible service, range and availability to you.
From the team at Booths.
Published 15th March 2020. Updated 25th March 2020.