Lancashire Cheese & Chutney Toastie
- For the toastie
- 5g butter, softened
- 2 slices sourdough
- 2 tbsp caramelised onion chutney
- 60g (3 slices) Garstang White cheese
- 1/2 red apple, sliced
- A handful of rocket leaves
- for the celeriac remoulade
- 1/2 a celeriac, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt and pepper
Whether it’s for brunch, a light lunch or simply a snack – the toastie is the ultimate grub for when you’re feeling peckish and this Lancashire cheese and chutney toastie with slices of seasonal red apple will not disappoint.
- To make the toastie, lightly butter one side of each slice of bread. Spread one tablespoon of chutney on the other side of each slice of bread.
- Layer the cheese, apple and rocket leaves between the slices of bread ensuring the buttered slices are on the outside.
- Pre-heat a griddle pan over a high heat, griddle the toastie on each side for 1-2 minutes, then slice in half,
- The make the celeriac remoulade, place all of the ingredients into a bowl, mix well to combine and season to taste. Serve a dollop of remoulade alongside the warm toastie.