Lancashire Cheese & Chutney Toastie
- For the toastie
- 5g butter, softened
- 2 slices Lazonby sourdough
- 2 tbsp Tracklements apple and cider brandy chutney
- 60g (3 slices) Garstang White cheese
- 1/2 red apple, sliced
- A handful of rocket leaves
- for the celeriac remoulade
- 1/2 a celeriac, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt and pepper
Whether it’s for brunch, a light lunch or simply a snack – the toastie is the ultimate grub for when you’re feeling peckish and this Lancashire cheese and chutney toastie with slices of seasonal red apple will not disappoint.
- To make the toastie, lightly butter one side of each slice of bread. Spread one tablespoon of chutney on the other side of each slice of bread.
- Layer the cheese, apple and rocket leaves between the slices of bread ensuring the buttered slices are on the outside.
- Pre-heat a griddle planover a high heat, griddle the toastie on each side for 1-2 minutes, then slice in half,
- The make the celeriac remoulade, place all of the ingredients into a bowl, mix well to combine and season to taste. Serve a dollop of remoulade alongside the warm toastie.
If you decide to make one of our recipes, why not share it with us on social media for the chance to win? You could win a £10 Booths voucher and the photo of your creation will feature in our next magazine.
Please see below for individual channel entry requirements:
Facebook: Post a photo to our Facebook page and use #BoothsRecipes.
Twitter: Tweet us your image @boothscountry and use #BoothsRecipes.
Instagram: Tag us in your image @boothscountry and use #BoothsRecipes.
Terms and conditions apply, tap here to view.