The Harrogate Cake Co
The Harrogate Cake Co, run by husband and wife team Kevin and Charlotte Marrifield, was initially founded as an award-winning Patisserie in Harrogate in 2010.
In 2015 the business moved to a purpose-built manufacturing site in the heart of North Yorkshire to develop and produce The Harrogate Cake Co products which range from traditional fruit cakes to award winning contemporary and innovative chilled desserts.
Charlotte has been a patisserie chef for over 27 years starting out in Michelin-Starred restaurants before moving into innovation and development for retail desserts and confectionary in 2000.
Kevin has an experienced background in food manufacturing including distribution, planning and production. Their shared skills and knowledge is what makes this partnership great!
Along with Charlotte and Kevin, there is a team of bakers and patisserie chefs who make the incredible desserts and cakes on a daily basis, their dedication and desire to create perfection has led to multiple awards.
All products are handmade and packed to ensure consistency and quality with a focus on using local ingredients where possible.
In 2018, The Harrogate Cake Co designed and continues to produce Booths own range of desserts from individually potted puddings, large sharing cheesecakes and one of a kind Christmas showstoppers.
There are five new products launching on the patisserie counter in Booths stores including The Harrogate Cake Co Lemon Tartlet and The Harrogate Cake Co Raspberry and Vanilla Macaron.
There is also a launch of rebranded products in store including The Harrogate Cake Co Strawberry Trifle and The Harrogate Cake Co Creamy Rice Pudding which is a Great Taste award winner!
February 2023 Patisserie Counter Launch
- The Harrogate Cake Co Textures of Chocolate – Chewy chocolate brownie, topped with rich Belgian chocolate mousse, hand finished with a drizzle of chocolate ganache and adorned with milk chocolate shard.
- The Harrogate Cake Co Lemon Tartlet – Buttery pastry, delicately brushed with white chocolate, filled with zesty lemon curd, and zingy lemon cheesecake, hand finished with lemon glaze and Mallow meringue scroll.
- The Harrogate Cake Co Strawberry Tartlet – Buttery pastry case, delicately brushed with white chocolate, filled with fruity strawberry compote and strawberry cheesecake, hand finished with strawberry glaze and piped white chocolate swirls.
- The Harrogate Cake Co Raspberry and Vanilla Macaron – 2 chewy Almond Macaron, filled with Madagascan crème, hiding a fruity raspberry compote centre, hand finished with white chocolate drizzle and a white chocolate shard.
- The Harrogate Cake Co Salted Caramel Macaron – 2 chewy Almond Macaron, filled with Madagascan crème, hiding the gooiest of salted caramel centres, hand finished with milk chocolate drizzle and a milk chocolate shard.
March 2023 Launch
- The Harrogate Cake Co Mini Macaron Selection
- The Harrogate Cake Co Creamy Rice Pudding
- The Harrogate Cake Co Strawberry Trifle