Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Esporão Oils
- 1.5KG butternut squash
- 2 small onions
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 40ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil Esporão Selecção
- 1 ltr hot water (you can adjust the water for the desired consistency)
- Sprigs of fresh thyme to taste
- Salt and black pepper to season
- Greek yogurt
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC
- Peel the butternut squash and cut into cubes. Peel the onion and cut into half moon slices.
- Arrange the squash, onion and garlic cloves together on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Pour over the Extra Virgin Olive Oil, thyme, salt and black pepper to taste and mix it well together.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until all vegetables are tender. If necessary, stir the vegetables during cooking (make sure the onion doesn’t burn).
- Remove from oven and put the baked vegetables into a pot. Add the hot water and crush with a hand blender until creamy – add hot water if necessary to get the desired texture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and heat ready to serve.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt, a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a garnish of basil leaves.