The Boho Baker’s Bourbon, Cherry and Cream Cheese Ice Cream
- 200g cherries, pitted
- 250ml bourbon
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 225g cream cheese
- 395ml condensed milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 480ml double cream
The Boho Baker describes herself as “Baker. Writer. Forager. Wanderer. Organic ingredient and edible floral Enthusiast. Member of the Guild of Food Writers.” Very local to our HQ in Preston, she’s kindly agreed to do a series of recipes for us, celebrating the best of our local produce. Follow her on instagram @thebohobaker
- Combine the bourbon and sugar in a small pan and gently heat until the sugar has dissolved. Leave to cool before decanting into a clean jar with the cherries. Leave for at least one day (preferably a week).
- Whip the cream cheese for one minute. Add the condensed milk, vanilla extract and salt. Beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream to stiff peaks. Add one third of the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture, carefully folding until combined. Repeat with the rest of the whipped cream.
- Stir in the bourbon soaked cherries and transfer the mixture to a large, sealable tub (at least 1 litre in capacity). Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Serve with a drizzle of the bourbon left over from the soaked cherries.