Your Booths Card Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions, our Use of Website(s) Terms and Conditions and our Privacy and Cookies Policy (Customer Promise) govern the entire Booths Card scheme. By applying for a Booths Card or participating in any of its benefits you will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions Please read them carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law.
Additional terms and conditions may apply from time to time, for example to govern any Cardholder competitions, prize draws or additional benefits that we may offer. If you decide to participate in in any of these additional elements, you will be deemed to have accepted the additional terms. The additional terms will be made available to you on our website from time to time.
© 2018 E.H.Booth & Co Ltd. All rights reserved.
This page was last updated on 29th August 2023.
Reference to us and you
The promoter of the Booths Card scheme is EH Booths Ltd. of Booths Central Office, Longridge Road, Ribbleton, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 5BX.
We may refer to EH Booths Ltd. in these Terms and Conditions as “Booths”, “we”, “our” or “us”. We may refer to you in these Terms and Conditions as “you”, “your” and “Cardholder”.
- Booths Cards and any coupons or vouchers provided to you in connection with the Booths Card scheme are issued by and remain the property of Booths.
- Your application for a Booths Card is subject to Booths’ acceptance which may be refused at Booths’ sole discretion. Booths may terminate the Booths Card scheme and/or refuse to issue a Booths Card and/or withdraw or cancel any Booths Card at any time.
- Booths shall be entitled to withdraw or cancel an individual Booths Card without liability to the Cardholder if we have reason to believe that the Cardholder has breached these Terms and Conditions, is otherwise abusing the scheme (or any element of it), has (in relation to Booths), committed any theft, dishonest or fraudulent behaviour or behaved in such a way that is abusive or offensive. The Cardholder will immediately lose all rights to receive any benefits available to Cardholders or that may have accrued to that individual Cardholder, including any vouchers accrued under the 5% reward scheme (as detailed below).
- Each person is entitled to one Booths Card only, and if we become aware that a Cardholder is operating more than one account, we shall be entitled to merge them or deactivate an account at our discretion.
- Cardholders must be 16 years old.
- Cardholders under 18 years old cannot purchase any age restricted products or participate in any age restricted offers and events.
- Usage of the Booths Card is restricted to the owner of the Booths Card.
- Cardholders must update their personal details from time to time on their online Cardholder account and where this is not possible, shall keep Booths informed of any changes to their personal or membership details.
- To take advantage of any Booths Card offers, the Cardholder must scan their Booths Card in store or enter their card number on everyday click and collect orders online at the time of redemption (and, where applicable, purchase). Booths Card offers will not be applied retrospectively if the Cardholder does not present and scan the Booths Card at the time of redemption (and, where applicable, purchase).
- The Cardholder cannot redeem or begin to collect any Cardholder rewards until the physical Booths Card has been issued by Booths presented by the Cardholder at subsequent transactions. Rewards or benefits cannot be retrospectively applied.
- The Booths card is valid in Booths stores and excludes petrol stations.
- Booths reserves the right to:
- amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Any amendments to these Terms and Conditions will be made available to view via the Booths website www.booths.co.uk;
- remove or amend any benefits, rewards or offers made available to Booths Cardholders. Booths offers no warranty, representation or guarantee that any Booths Card scheme benefit or reward will be available for any minimum period and may withdraw such benefits or rewards from time to time in its sole discretion.
- The Cardholder must present and scan their Booths Card each time they purchase Qualifying Products in a Booths store in order to collect their 5% reward. Cardholders who forget their physical Booths Card can alternatively give the Booths checkout colleague their Booths Card number at the time of their transaction. This can be found in their online Booths Card account. Cardholders who order through our online everyday click and collect must input their card number at the time of order to collect their 5% reward.
- It is not possible to add rewards to the Cardholder’s account after a transaction is complete.
- A non-monetary amount equal to 5% of the total price paid (including VAT) for Qualifying Products in each transaction (following the deduction of all promotions and discounts) (the “Reward Amount“) will be allocated to the Cardholder’s account.
- Such Reward Amount has no value until the balance of the Reward Amount has reached £5 (or any increments of £5) and is converted into vouchers of £5 increments at the end of each collection period.
- The length of the collection period shall be determined by Booths but shall be no less frequently than 4 (four) times in each calendar year.
- Reward Amounts that have not been converted into vouchers because they are below the qualifying £5 threshold will be ‘carried forward’ as the starting balance for the next collection period. By way of example only, if a Cardholder has accrued a Reward Amount equal to £12 at the end of a collection period, Booths shall issue vouchers to the value of £10 and the £2 balance of the Reward Amount shall remain in the Cardholder’s account until such time as further Reward Amounts accrue and reach £5.
- The vouchers issued by Booths may only be redeemed against purchases that the Cardholder makes in a Booths store.
- “Qualifying Products” will be identified by way of a symbol or relevant wording in the shelf edge label (or otherwise on promotional materials located in store). The products constituting “Qualifying Products” may change from time to time without notice at Booths’ discretion. Reward Amounts will not be awarded to non-qualifying products.
- Full details of how the 5% reward works can be found www.booths.co.uk/about-booths-card/
- Booths is entitled to remove any Reward Amount from the Cardholder’s account at any time if Qualifying Products are returned for any reason and a refund of the purchase price is given. This also applies to the exchange of products, unless the exchange is for Qualifying Products with an equivalent rewards value.
- Rewards or vouchers already issued may be removed or cancelled if Booths determines that the points were collected in breach of these Terms and Conditions or were awarded in error.
- Vouchers have no monetary value and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- No change will be given if the full value of a voucher is not used in a transaction and the ‘balance’ of a voucher cannot be carried over to a subsequent transaction.
- Lost/Damaged vouchers will not be replaced.
- Vouchers are only valid for 8 (eight) weeks from issue. We cannot accept expired vouchers and will not replace them.
Donating rewards to the community
- Cardholders can opt to donate their 5% rewards to selected local charities in their community at any time. This can be done by selecting this preference on the Booths Card account.
- Cardholders can change their preference up until the end of the collection period in which the voucher option choice will be captured.
- On signing up to be a Booths Cardholder, you can opt in or out of email receipts.
- When opting in you agree that Booths and our chosen service provider may send information regarding purchases electronically.
- You can view your receipt online by logging in to our website at booths.co.uk.
- As well as receiving e-receipts, you retain the right to request a printed version in store.
- An e-receipt can only be sent to the Cardholder’s email address provided on registration. If any of the information is incorrect on your e-receipt, please return with a copy of your receipt to the store where you made the original purchase and / or contact our Booths Card helpline.
- You can opt-out at any time by following the link provided within the email.
- Booths Cardholders are entitled to one free slice of cake in our cafés from our selected list with purchase of any drink on their birthday. This is valid on the day of their birthday and up to 6 days afterwards, when they scan their Booths Card and present ID at the till. The Cardholder can choose from a select list of cakes (subject to availability). Please see our website or in store for details.
Booths Cardholder Offers
- All selected products marked with lower prices for Cardholders in store may be purchased by Booths Cardholders at a discount from the retail price applicable in store to non-Cardholders. The discount applicable to a Booths Cardholder product shall be as shown in store on the point of sale in front of the product.
- The Booths Cardholder must present and scan their Booths Card in store at the till at the time of purchase to receive a discount.
- Booths retains full discretion to add or remove products from the Booths Cardholder offers on a temporary or permanent basis and to set and amend the level of discount applied to any Booths Cardholder offer from time to time.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Booths offer or promotion relating to the same Booths Cardholder offers. However Qualifying Products will still be applicable for the 5% reward.
- All products included in this offer are strictly subject to availability.
Booths Card Sign Up Incentive
- Cardholders will receive a sign up incentive when they sign up to the Booths card, this will arrive with your Booths card through the post.
- The sign up incentive is £5 off £50 money off voucher to redeem in Booths stores.
- The voucher entitles cardholders to save £5 when you spend £50 or more in one transaction at all Booths stores.
- Your Booths card must be swiped to activate the voucher.
- This offer cannot be redeemed against purchases of fuel, mobile top ups, gift cards, baby milk and any purchases from kiosk (including tobacco, lottery and stamps).
- Maximum one voucher per transaction.
- Cannot be used on click and collect orders.
- Not available in conjunction with any ohter voucher offer.
- Booths reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any point with prior notice.
- This voucher has no cash redemption value.
- Not redeemable with Booths Employee Card.
- The Booths Card scheme is for personal use only; business use is strictly prohibited and constitutes abuse. Booths reserves the right, at point of purchase or retrospectively, to determine whether a transaction constitutes business usage.
- A person who is not a party to these Terms and Conditions shall have no right under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions, but this shall not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
- These Terms and Conditions override and replace all previous versions of the Booths Card Terms and Conditions and are correct as of 26 August 2020.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
We hope that these Terms and Conditions are clear, but we always welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or questions relating to these conditions, the Booths Card scheme or benefits or your use of the website, please contact Booths Customer Care Department.