Almond Pork Schnitzel
- 2x pork tenderloin, approx 350g each
- 200g ground almonds
- 200g panko breadcrumbs
- Salt & pepper
- 4tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 300ml vegetable oil
You can’t beat a classic schnitzel for a tasty midweek meal for all the family.
- Cut each pork tenderloin in half, remove any silver skin.
- Batten each piece of tenderloin using a rolling pin to approximately 1cm thick.
- Mix the ground almonds and breadcrumbs in a bowl, season with salt and pepper.
- Brush both sides of each piece of pork with Dijon mustard.
- Dip the pork in the breadcrumb mix to coat on all sides.
- Dip the crumbed pork into the beaten egg then back in the breadcrumb mix to double coat.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over a medium heat. Fry each schnitzel for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown, you may need to do this in batches.
- Transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes or until piping hot.
For an easy mid-week meal serve with a new potato, pea, feta and mint side dish. Why not swap the pork for chicken in this recipe and add a tablespoon of Piri Piri spice mix?