Coconut and Cardamom Chicken Tray Bake
- 1 stick lemongrass
- 5cm ginger, peeled
- 2tbsp rose petal masala
- 1/4tsp chilli flakes
- 15 cardamom pods
- 1 can coconut milk
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 10g coriander leaves
- 4 lime wedges
This chicken traybake is an absolutely delicious way to serve up a budget cut of chicken, with plenty of flavour. This recipe can be used as a marinade for meat and fish, perfect for BBQ season!
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Place the lemongrass, ginger, rose petal masala, chilli flakes and cardamom seeds into a food processor. Blitz to combine. Add the coconut milk and mix well.
- Place the chicken thighs and red onion wedges onto a large baking tray. Drizzle over the prepared mix and toss to combine.
- Scatter over the desiccated coconut and bake in a pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lime wedges to serve.
This is delicious served with noodles for an easy Thai style dinner. This recipe can be used as a marinade for meat and fish, perfect for BBQ season!