- 50g butter
- 1 onion finely diced
- 250g Arborio rice
- 150ml dry white wine
- 500ml veg stock
- 200g crabmeat
- 50g grated Parmesan
- Zest and juice of two lemons
- 1 red chilli finely diced
- 1 garlic clove finely diced
- Handful of chopped chives
- 200g grated mozzarella
- Salt and pepper
- 180g breadcrumbs
- Sauté the onion with the butter, then add the rice. Add the wine and stock and until the liquid is absorbed then leave to cool.
- When ready to assemble the arancini, preheat a deep fat fryer to 200°C.
- Mix the crabmeat, Parmesan, zest and juice of 2 lemons, chilli, garlic, chives and mazzarella together and season to taste.
- Take a teaspoon full of crab mixture and roll into a ball.
- Take a spoonful of rice and flatten in one hand, then encase the crabmeat ball with it. Squeeze tightly into a firm ball.
- Coat in breadcrumbs, then deep fry for 5 minutes.
The arancini will float in the oil when they’re ready.