Granola Breakfast Tarts
- For The Tarts
- 75g coconut oil
- 75g honey
- 200g oats
- 2tbsp chia seeds
- 1tsp cinnamon
- To Serve
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- 4 cherries, stoned and halved
- 1tsp chia seeds
- 100g yoghurt
These granola breakfast tarts are super tasty for an indulgent start to the day that’s still a little bit healthier. Why not get the children involved in making them?
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/400°F/gas mark 6.
- Place the coconut oil and honey into a saucepan. Warm gently over a medium heat to melt.
- Place the oats, chia seeds and cinnamon into a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour the melted mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well to coat.
- Place 4 fluted 10cmin diameter onto a baking tray. Divide the mix between the tart tins and pack down using the back of a spoon.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the tins.
- To serve, divide the yoghurt between the granola tart cases, decorate with the prepared fruits and finish with a scattering of chia seeds.
To make this vegan, swap the honey for maple syrup and use almond yoghurt to fill.