Hedgerow Spiced Jam
- 6 seasonal plums
- 300g frozen mixed berries
- 300g caster suagr or jam sugar
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamom pods
- 3 cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- Place everything into a heavy bottomed saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 30 minutes on a low heat, stirring every minute to make sure it doesn’t stick.
- Store in a clean sterilised jar and cover the top with a round of parchment paper and a good fitting lid.
- Keep for up to 2 weeks.
CHEF’S TIP The best way to sterilise your jar is to put it in a dish washer on a hot wash. Then fill with the hot jam when the jar is still
hot and fresh out of the cleaning cycle.