Mummy Pizza Pies
- 375g Jus Rol Puff Pastry
- 25g pepperoni
- 1/4 red pepper, deseed & finely chopped
- 1 spring onion sliced
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 75g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 cornichons or olives sliced to form eyes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Fun little pizza pies perfect for a Halloween party!
- Preheat the oven to 200c/180c fan /390f/gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with lightly oiled greaseproof paper.
- Using a large circle cutter cut out circles of pastry, 7 if possible, and place onto the baking tray.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato puree onto each circle.
- Place a small pile of all the fillings into the centre of the pastry circle but leave a small edge clear all the way round, this is to attach the lid. Brush the small clear edge with beaten egg.
- Cut the leftover pastry into 1cm (or so) strips and then drape them across the top of the pies to create a lid with the desired mummy look.
- Push the edges down into edge of the circle to seal it firmly, then brush with beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for around 15 minutes.
- Take them out and allow cool before popping on two circles of cornichon or sliced olives to form the eyes.