Slow Cooker Persian Lamb Cushion with Pistachio Rice
- 1 Booths British Boneless Lamb Cushion (found on the Butcher Counter)
- 50ml vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 leek, sliced
- 2tsp turmeric
- 1tsp chilli flakes
- 1tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1ltr chicken stock
- 400g tin kidney beans
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- 200g basmati rice
- 75g pistachios, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Fry the lamb cushion in oil on all sides in a heavy bottom pan until it browns, season with salt and pepper then add to the slow cooker.
2. Add the garlic, onion, leek, turmeric, chilli flakes and coriander seeds to the slow cooker and stir.
3. Add the chicken stock, kidney beans and crushed tomatoes then cook on low until the lamb is tender, we recommend 6 hours.
4. Add the chopped herbs to the dish.
5. Add the zest and juice of the limes and season.
6. Cook the rice as per pack instructions and fold in the pistachio nuts, reserving a few to garnish.
7. Serve the lamb with the basmati rice topped with chopped pistachio nuts.
Add 2tsp of rose water to the sauce for a more authentic finish to the dish.