Exotic Mushroom & Rice Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 stick celery, finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, mined
- 500g mushrooms (we used a variety)
- 250ml dry white wine
- 1/2 cup of brown rice
- 1 tsp paprika
- Handful of fresh thyme
- To serve
- Crème fraîche
- Fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion, carrot and celery for
2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms (reserve a few for garnish) and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Then add the wine and fresh thyme and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice, paprika and the stock and simmer for a further 20 minutes.
- Serve with some crusty bread, a dollop of crème fraîche and a sprig of parsley.
Try to avoid stirring the mushrooms too much in the pan as this can make them chewy and bland.