Spiced Saltmarsh Lamb Kebabs with Greek Salad
- 500g Cumbrian saltmarsh lamb, cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 12 bay leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 100g feta cheese, cubed
- 50g black olives
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped oregano
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
The first thing to do is place the lamb into a mixing bowl, add the olive oil, cinnamon, oregano, garlic, lemon wedges and season with salt and milled pepper then simply mix until well combined. Leave the flavours to work into the lamb, the longer you leave it the more flavoursome the lamb.
After 1-2 hours, thread the lamb onto skewers with the lemon wedges and the odd bay leaf. Cook the lamb kebabs on a barbecue or grill for 15-20 minutes, ensuring that the juices run clear. Leave to rest on a warm plate for 5 minutes.
For the salad simply place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
Serve your spiced kebabs with the Greek salad and some toasted pitta.