Tomato, Rosemary and Sea Salt Focaccia
- 1 500g Wrights Garlic and Rosemary Focaccia Bread Mix
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 200g Booths speciality tomatoes, halved
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1tsp sea salt
For any first time bread maker, our tomato, rosemary and sea salt focaccia is a delight to make and is the perfect loaf for eating with family and friends.
Place the bread mix into a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. With the mixer running, slowly add 310ml lukewarm water and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Mix for 5 minutes then place into a clean bowl. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave in a warm place to prove for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (fan)/425°F/gas mark 7.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour. Shape the dough into an oval approximately 20x30cm and place on a lightly greased a baking tray. Allow to prove for 15 minutes.
- Using your fingers press into the dough to make dimple marks.
- Arrange the tomato halves over the top of the dough, stud with rosemary leaves and scatter over the sea salt. Drizzle over the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
Swap the tomatoes for pitted black and green olives and use chilli olive oil in this recipe for a fiery kick. This recipe is great as starter, serve with olive oil and balsamic vinegar or why not use the bread to make picnic sandwiches?