Ready Meals Range Review
Our Buyer Keith and Product Developer Manager Gemma have been busy over the last couple of months creating a new range of delicious ready meals. While working from their homes, they’ve worked closely with our well-loved suppliers Althams and Gazebo to bring this new range to store.
The range includes 18 new and exciting dishes that bring convenience and quality to your dinner table at home.
Following on from the success we’ve had over recent years with our Booths brand ready meals, we have seen the opportunity to grow the range and choice available to our customers.Keith Parkinson, Ready Meals Buyer
The new range includes six bistro inspired dishes that are a bit more indulgent and perfect for a special occasion or simply a midweek treat. The flavours were inspired by traditional bistro dishes but with an extra something special – such as Braised Steak with Roasted Garlic Mash, which combinesBritish chuck steak, onions and chestnut mushrooms, slowly cooked in a port and truffle oil sauce, accompanied by mashed potatoes made with double cream, plenty of butter and a hint of nutmeg, topped with whole roasted garlic cloves. It’s absolutely divine!
We already have a great range of ready meals for our customers to choose from, but with people not being able to go out to restaurants to indulge, we wanted to bring more restaurant quality products to our customers.Gemma Haye, Product Development Manager
The range also includes some great family favourites like Tuna Bake with Mature Cheddar Cheese and Cumberland Pie, along with some accompaniment dishes that include Hot & Spicy Onion Bhajis and Katsu Chicken Bites with Curry Dip.
When we asked Keith and Gemma to pick their favourite new dish, the choice was really hard as the whole range has something for everyone. Keith said “A real gem in the range is the Crispy Sweet Chilli Beef – it’s delicious andwill be a regular on my shopping list!”
Gemma said “My personal favourite is the King Prawn & Samphire Risotto, closely followed by Aubergine Parmigiana. You need to give yourself a treat when staying in is the new going out!”
Look out for these delicious meals arriving in store, and what’s more, Booths cardholders can enjoy 15% off until 22nd December.
The new range includes:
- Bistro Inspired Braised Steak & Roasted Garlic Mash (440g) £4.50
- Bistro Inspired Lamb Moussaka (400g) £4
- Bistro Inspired King Prawn & Samphire Risotto (375g) £4.50
- Bistro Inspired Wild Mushroom & Truffle Linguine (375g) £4.50
- Bistro Inspired Aubergine Parmigiana (380g) £3.65
- Tuna Bake with Mature Cheddar Cheese (400g) £3.60
- Cumberland Pie (400g) £3.75
- Beef Stew & Mashed Potato with Cabbage (400g) £3.95
- Spaghetti Carbonara with Italian Pancetta (400g) £3.85
- Chicken & Pesto al Forno with Cheddar Cheese & Parsley Crumb (400g) £3.75
- Salmon & Vegetable Risotto with Grana Padano (400g) £4
- Medium Spiced Chicken Balti with Pilau Rice (400g) £3.85
- Chicken Tikka Pakoras with Mint Raita Dip (180g) £2.75
- Hot & Spicy Onion Bhajis (160g) £2.75
- Crispy Sweet Chilli Beef (225g) £4
- Katsu Chicken Bites with Curry Dip (180g) £3.75
- Crispy Salt & Pepper Chicken with Sweet Chilli Dip (180g) £3.75
To read more about Keith’s life as Buyer, click here.