Banana and Blueberry Traybake Pancake
- 220g self raising flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 2tsp baking powder
- 350ml milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 100g blueberries
- Dusting of icing sugar
A delicious breakfast dish for the whole family, this baked pancake traybake is so easy to make.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/400°F/gas mark 6. Line a 20x30cm deep baking dish with baking paper.
- Place the flour, sugar and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Place the milk and vanilla extract into a measuring jug. Make a well in the center of the dry mix and slowly add the milk mix, whisking all of the time to avoid lumps.
- Place the egg whites into a mixing bowl and whisk to stiff peaks. 6. Carefully fold the whisked egg whites into the pancake mix.
- Pour the mix into the prepared tin and top with sliced banana and blueberries.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly before dusting with icing sugar and cutting into squares to serve.
Swap the fruit in this pancake for a seasonal twist. Try raspberry and a handful of white chocolate or add 2 tbsp. of cocoa powder to the mix and serve with orange segments.