Banana and Cinder Toffee Cream Pie
- 200g Digestive biscuits or chocolate Hob Nobs
- 100g salted butter, melted
- 1x397g tin Carnation caramel
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1x450ml tub double cream
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 50g chocolate coated honeycomb sweets
1. To make the biscuit base, crush the digestive biscuits with a rolling pin or food proces-sor and coat the crumbs with the melted butter.
2. Press the crumbs in the base of a 20cm parchment lined spring base tin and refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
3. Remove from the fridge and spread the tin of Carnation caramel evenly all over the base.
4. Slice the bananas, then place evenly over the caramel layer.
5. Whip the double cream with the vanilla until it forms soft peaks, spread over the bana-na, and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
6. Decorate with the chocolate coated honeycomb sweets and serve.
For a boozy and decadent twist, slice the bananas, soak in a little rum, and sprinkle with sugar. Caramelise under a grill and then cool before you make the dessert.