Beetroot and Pomegranate Slaw
- 2 medium sized fresh beetroots, freshly shredded
- 250g red cabbage, finely shredded
- 250g white cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small onion, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 15g fresh dill, finely chopped
- 15g fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 25g pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To serve cooked bulgur wheat & 125g feta cheese, sliced
This is crunchy and refreshing, not a mayonnaise-laden coleslaw. Prepare the vegetables using the shredding attachment on your food processor, or a mandoline.
Preparation time 10 minutes
No cooking needed
1. Mix together all the vegetables, herbs and seeds in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl or jug mix the lemon juice, mustard and olive oil and pour over the slaw, tossing together well. Season with plenty of ground black pepper.
3. Serve with bulgur wheat and slices of feta.