Black Forest Tart
- For the base
- 200g digestives, crushed
- 100g unsalted butter
- For the filling
- 200g 75% dark chocolate
- 2tbsp cherry brandy (optional)
- 4tbsp milk
- 200g marshmallows
- 600ml double cream
- 5tbsp cherry jam
- To decorate
- 100g black cherries, chopped
- 50g dark chocolate, melted
All of the flavours of black forest dessert in an easy tart! Feel free to leave out the brandy if you prefer an alcohol-free dessert.
- To make the base, gently heat the butter until melted and stir in the crushed biscuits. Press the biscuit mixture into the base and sides of a 20cm loose based tart tin. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Remove the base from the fridge and spread the cherry jam over the top. Chill for a further 30 minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate in short blasts in a microwave. Stir in the cherry brandy.
- Heat the marshmallows and milk in a saucepan, stirring continuously. Whisk in the chocolate and brandy mixture.
- Whip the double cream until soft peaks form. Stir the cream into the chocolate and marshmallow mix and pour it into the biscuit base. Refrigerate overnight.
- Top the tart with chopped cherries and drizzle with melted chocolate. Enjoy within two days.
Chefs tip: Try replacing the digestives with amaretti biscuits for a cherry bakewell twist.