Blackberry and Amaretti Trifles
- 150g amaretti biscuits
- 300ml prosecco
- 135g blackberry jelly cubes
- 285ml boling water
- 200g blackberries, halved
- 500g Booths proper thick custard
- 250ml whipping cream
- 250g mascarpone
- 2tbsp icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp pistachio nuts, crushed
An easy yet sophisticated dessert, this blackberry and amaretti trifle would go down a treat after any meal.
- Lightly crush the amaretti biscuits and divide between 6 individual trifle dishes.
- Pour 100ml of prosecco evenly between the glasses.
- Place the jelly cubes into a measuring jug. Pour over 285ml of boiling water and stir to dissolve. Add 200ml of prosecco and stir. Divide the jelly evenly between the glasses. Place the glasses in the fridge and allow to set for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Once the jelly has set, divide the blackberries between the glasses.
- Spoon the custard over the blackberries to create the next layer.
- Place the cream, mascarpone, icing sugar and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl, whisk to soft peaks. Spoon into a piping bag and pipe rosettes of mascarpone cream over the custard.
- Decorate with crushed pistachio nuts and enjoy!
For an extra boozy treat soak the blackberries in a little amaretto liqueur. Swap the blackberries for raspberries and use strawberry jelly during the summer months.