- 1 small piece of gammon, around 450g is ideal
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tin of kidney beans
- 1 tin of butterbeans
- 1 tin of sweetcorn
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato pureé
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 litre beef stock
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 180°c / 160°c fan / 350°f / gas mark 4.
- Remove all fat from gammon and put into a big pan or oven proof dish.
- Put all the other ingredients in with the gammon, place the lid on and cook for 2 hours.
- Shred the gammon using a couple of forks and it’s ready to serve.
You can soak the gammon overnight in cold water if you want to draw out the salt content from the meat.