Brazilian Seafood Stew
- 1 squid, sliced into rings
- 500g peeled tiger prawns
- 500g seabass fillets, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 250g clams
- 250g mussels
- 100ml fresh lime juice
- 2 large white peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 large pointed red peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 scotch bonnet chilli, finely chopped
- 1 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 400g tin coconut milk
- 2 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 50ml olive oil
- 2tsp cumin
- 2tsp paprika
- Pinch salt and black pepper
1 Combine the lime juice, cumin, paprika and a little salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Add the prawns, squid rings and seabass and marinade for 30 minutes.
2 In a large heavy based saucepan over a moderate-high heat, fry the onions, garlic, chilli and peppers in the olive oil until soft, add the clams and mussels, then fry for a further 5 minutes.
3 Add the marinated fish, chopped tomatoes and coconut milk, then bring to a gentle simmer for 10 minutes.
4 Season with salt and pepper, and add the chopped coriander just before serving.