Carrot, Sweet Potato and Ginger Soup
- 500g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- ¼tsp ground cumin
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 900ml hot vegetable stock, made from concentrate
- 2tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Salt and milled pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the onions until soft but not browned.
- Then add the garlic, cumin and ginger then cook for further 30 seconds.
- Next add the carrots, sweet potato and vegetable stock. Bring to a steady simmer and cook until the carrots are tender and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the fresh thyme, season with salt and milled pepper and serve.