Chai Tea Rice Pudding
- 1 litre almond milk
- 3tbsp Booths loose Chai tea leaves
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 100g pudding rice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- To serve
- 1/2 papaya, sliced
- 1tbsp pistachio nuts, chopped
Our chai tea rice pudding is a delicious twist on a traditional dessert.
- Place the almond milk and tea leaves into a saucepan. Place over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and strain to remove the tea leaves. Discard the tea leaves.
- Pour the milk back into the saucepan, add the sugar, pudding rice and cinnamon stick. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer for 45 minutes stirring regularly.
- Spoon into serving dishes, and decorate with sliced papaya and chopped pistachio nuts.
Swap the tea flavours in this recipe. Why not try using Earl Grey tea leaves and serving with stewed prunes?