Chorizo and Butternut Squash Hash
- 130g Chorizo sliced
- 500g Butternut Squash peeled and chopped into cubes
- 500g Celeriac or Turnips peeled and chopped into cubes
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 150g Taleggio Cheese cubed
- Salt and Pepper
A delightful chorizo and butternut squash hash, ideal for a midweek supper.
- Preheat your oven to 200ºc/160ºf/Gas Mark 4.
- Put the squash, celeriac, maple syrup, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss together until everything is coated in syrup and oil.
- Turn out onto a large baking tray, lined with greaseproof paper to prevent sticking.
- Place into the oven and cook for 25 minutes but check and turn regularly.
- Add the sliced chorizo and cook for a further 10 minutes or until everything is golden brown and crisp.
- Turn everything out into a large baking dish or iron skillet.
- Crack the eggs on top of the mixture, or you can make small wells if you wish to crack the eggs in to. Dot the cheese all over.
- Pop under a preheated grill for 5 minutes or until the eggs are just cooked and the cheese melted.
- Sprinkle with pepper and serve.
Make sure there’s plenty of room on the baking tray otherwise your vegetables will steam rather than roast.