Cowboy Beans with Fried Egg on Toast
- 60g bacon lardons or chorizo pieces
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- Fresh chives, finely diced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp American hot dog mustard
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Worcester sauce
- 1 tsp tabasco
- 1 x 400g tin baked beans
- 4 slices of stale bread or baguette cut lengthways
- 4 large eggs
- 50g butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Fry off the bacon lardons, green pepper, red onion and garlic until golden brown.
2 Add the cherry tomatoes, sugar, mustard, tabasco and Worcester sauce.
3 Add the baked beans, simmer for 5 minutes and keep warm.
4 Butter the bread and gently grill in a dry skillet pan until both sides are brown.
5 Melt 25g butter in a non stick pan on a low heat. Crack 4 eggs into the pan and fry gently. As soon as the egg whites are cooked, spoon some hot butter on the yolks, season with salt and pepper.
6 Top the toast with the beans then place the egg on top and garnish with chives.