Crustless Quiche Lunchbox
- 1 apple
- Lemon juice
- Cheddar cheese
- Peanut butter
- For the quiche
- 12 slices ham
- 2 eggs
- Bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- Dash milk
- 12tsp cream cheese
A lunchbox idea packed with variety for little ones – or for yourself.
- Ham, cream cheese and spring onion crustless quiche:
- Preheat the oven to 170°c / 325°f / gas mark 3.
- Using a 12 section cupcake tray, line each hole with a slice of ham.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Add a tsp of cream cheese to each ham nest.
- Add a sprinkle of spring onions.
- Top up with the beaten egg and milk mixture.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cooked.
- Peanut butter and jam sandwich skewers with grapes. Simply make a peanut butter and jam sandwich, slice into squares and thread onto a cocktail stick with grapes. Just add to the lunchbox if not using cocktail sticks.
- Apple and cheddar ‘boats’ – a little lemon juice sprinkled on the slices of apple will keep them from browning. Slice the apple and thread onto a cocktail stick with a cube of cheese to create a ‘sail.’ Just add directly to the lunchbox if not using cocktail sticks.
- Handful of fresh strawberries.
- Honey with a few chopped pecans on top to dip the strawberries. Yoghurt would be a great alternative to honey if desired.
Please take note of any nut policy your child’s school may have in place before preparing any nut dishes for lunchboxes.
We don’t advise using cocktail sticks for young children.
It is not advised to give honey to children under 12 months.