David Morris’ Snowberry Cake
- For the cake
- 225g butter
- 225g milk chocolate
- 180ml milk
- 250g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 500g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 150ml sour cream
- White Chocolate Buttercream Filling
- 110g white chocolate
- 170g unsalted butter (softened)
- 375g icing sugar
- 2tbsp milk
- 150ml natural yoghurt
- 300g white choclate
- Mixed berries of choice
- Icing sugar
Our fruit buyer David has created a moist, rich show stopping masterpiece of a chocolate cake that would grace any festive spread perfectly. He calls it the ‘Snowberry’ cake.
For The Cake
- Preheat Oven 160°c / 320°f / Gas Mark 3. Grease and line a 25.5cm (10″) loose bottomed round cake tin.
- Put the butter, chocolate and milk in pan and then gently heat until smooth and glossy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar. In a separate jug, mix the eggs and sour cream, then pour both the chocolate and egg mixtures into the bowl with the flour and whisk well to form a batter.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for about 2 hours, until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- IMPORTANT – You must allow the cake to cool completely prior to removing from the cake tin.
For The Buttercream Filling
- Melt white chocolate carefully.
- Beat butter with the icing sugar.
- Add the melted chocolate and the milk.
- Cut cake horizontally fill with the butter cream.
For The Topping
Melt the white chocolate. Stir in the yoghurt and pour on top of the cake. Top with mixed berries then dust with ‘snow’ (icing sugar).