Easter Marshmallow Chicks and Bunnies
- 8 white marshmallows
- White icing pen (you'll need this for both chicks and bunnies)
- 1 bottle yellow glimmer sugar
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- 2 dried apricots
- 8 chocolate balls
- For the chicks
- 8 pink marshmallows
- 2tbsp strawberry crush sugar decorations
- Red icing pen
- 16 wooden skewers
Creating these fun little marshmallow characters is a great way to spend the afternoon with the kids – the key is the white icing used as ‘glue’!
- To make a chick, take two white marshmallows and cut one in half. Stick a half marshmallow onto the top of a full marshmallow using a little white icing to help them stick together.
- Tip the yellow glimmer sugar into a small bowl. Place the tablespoon of caster sugar into a small bowl and stir to dissolve. Dip the two marshmallows into the sugar water and roll in the glimmer sugar to coat.
- Cut 3 small pieces of dried apricot to make a beak and 2 feet for your chick. Use small blobs of icing to stick these on.
- Put 2 small blobs of icing for eyes and stick on the chocolate balls.
- Allow to set.
- To make a bunny, take two pink marshmallows and cut one in half. Stick a half marshmallow onto the top of a full marshmallow using a little white icing to help them stick together.
- Cut the remaining half a marshmallow in half again. Cut one of those halves in two to create ears, use the remaining piece for the tail.
- Dip the sticky cut side of the ears and tail in the strawberry crush sugar decorations. Stick onto the bunny body using a little white icing.
- Use the red icing pen to create eyes, a nose and whiskers.
- Allow to set.