Easy Pizza Dough
- 500g Pizza / Pasta Flour
- 325ml water
- 7g dried yeast
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1tsp caster sugar
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the oil. Slowly add enough water and combine everything until you can bring the dough together with your hands. Transfer to a lightly floured work surface and knead for 8 minutes.
- Place the dough in bowl and cover with lightly oiled cling film. Leave to rise for one hour.
- Remove the risen dough from the bowl and knock back for 2 minutes. Divide into 6 even pieces, cover loosely with clingfilm and leave to prove again for a further 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to the highest setting. Roll out your first piece of dough and place it onto a floured baking tray. Add any sauces and toppings before baking in the oven for 8 minutes, or until the edges are puffed up and golden.
- Repeat with the remaining pizzas and serve immediately.
This dough can also be used for flatbread. Simply break off a small piece of dough and roll out to approximately 2mm thick. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the flatbreads for 1 minute on each side. Serve warm with hummus.