Farmer’s Market Quiche
- 1 pack shortcrust pastry
- 8 eggs
- 250ml milk
- 100g cheese, grated
- 6 asparagus, diced
- 8 sunblush tomatoes
- 1 small courgette, ribboned
- 6 artichoke hearts (from a jar)
- 100g tomatoes, sliced
- 1 red onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grease a quiche dish then roll out the pastry and line the dish, trimming off any excess. Place back in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- While the pastry is chilling, preheat the oven to 180°C/160°Fan/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- After the pastry has chilled, line it with baking paper weighted down with baking beans or uncooked rice. Bake the pastry case for 10-15 minutes, then remove the baking beans and paper and bake for a further 10-15 minutes until golden.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and cheese together and pour into the pastry case.
- Arrange the vegetables on top and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with a fresh salad.
It’s important to place the pastry back in the fridge to chill before baking to stop any shrinkage.