Fish Gratin with a Garlic Crumb
- 50g butter
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 8 spring onions, sliced
- 500ml milk
- 300ml double cream
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 pack Ramus fish mix
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 pack Booths Tenderstem® and green beans
- For the crumb mix:
- 25g butter, melted
- 50g Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C / 160° Fan / 350°F/ Gas Mark 4.
- For the fish mix, melt the butter in a pan then add the sliced shallots and sliced spring onions and cook gently until soft.
- Heat the milk and cream in a separate pan and keep warm.
- Add the flour to the shallot mix and stir well making sure it is all combined.
- Add the milk and cream mix 1 tbsp at a time and stir well to form a smooth sauce.
- Once all the milk has been added, stir in the mustard and Ramus fish mix.
- Add the chopped dill and season to taste then tip the mix into an oven proof dish.
- For the crumb mix, melt the butter in a pan and add all the other ingredients. Remove from the heat and keep to one side.
- Scatter the top of the fish with the crumb mix and bake in the oven for 15 mins.
- Serve with Booths Tenderstem® and green bean mix.
Try adding some grated gruyere or some freshly grated parmesan to the bread crumb mix.