Gluten Free Vegan Waffles
- FOR THE WAFFLES
- 150g gluten-free self raising flour
- 1tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 50g gluten-free oats
- 2tsp cinnamon
- 2tbsp poppy seeds
- Pinch salt
- 350ml almond milk
- 2tbsp maple syrup
- TO FRY
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- TO SERVE
- 2 oranges, peeled & sliced
- 4tbsp dairy-free coconut yoghurt
- 1tbsp pistachio nuts, chopped
Enjoy waffles for breakfast, dessert or even for tea with our easy recipe – it does require a waffle pan.
- To make the waffles, place the dry ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine. Make a well in the centre and whisk in the almond milk and maple syrup to form a smooth batter.
- Brush a waffle pan with a little melted coconut oil and place over a medium heat.
- Pour approximately 1/3 of the mix into the pan, spread evenly and fry for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Repeat to use all of the batter.
- To serve, top with orange slices and a dollop of yoghurt. Decorate with pistachio nuts and drizzle with extra maple syrup.
This recipe can be used to make savoury waffles, although our suggestion means the recipe will no longer be vegan friendly. Omit the cinnamon and maple syrup from the waffle recipe and top with wilted spinach, a poached egg and a drizzle of hollandaise sauce or your favourite savoury toppings.