Greek Lamb and Orzo Stew
- 400g lamb, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp chilli flakes
- 250ml red wine
- 8 sundried tomatoes, sliced
- 100g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 100g mushrooms
- 800g passata
- 150g orzo
- 100g feta cheese
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan and add the lamb, cook until nicely browned.
- Remove the lamb and set aside.
- Using the same pan fry off the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the oregano, paprika, cinnamon and chilli flakes and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add the lamb and red wine and simmer until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Then add the sundried tomatoes, baby plum tomatoes, mushrooms, passata, and 250ml of water and simmer for a further 25-30 minutes.
- Add the orzo and cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkling of herbs and feta cheese.
A fantastic make ahead stew perfect for an evening around the campfire. Pork or beef will work just as well.