Helen Clarke’s Super Simple Tasty Trifle
- 2 raspberry jam swiss rolls (not the ones with cream in)
- 2 tins of raspberries in juice
- 500ml carton of readymade custard
- 500ml double cream
Our head office colleague Helen has created the world’s easiest trifle, perfect for when you need a classic festive dessert but you’re short on time.
- Slice the swiss roll into pieces approx. 1 inch thick, then line the bottom of a large dish (casserole dish, fruit dish, trifle dish, fruit bowl – anything you can get your hands on) with the pieces of swiss roll. Pack them tightly so they form a nice firm base on the bottom of the dish.
- Pour over the two tins of raspberries and juice to create the next layer.
- Pour over the readymade custard to create the next layer.
- Leave overnight covered in cling film in the fridge for the flavours to infuse.
- When you’re ready to serve, whip up the double cream to soft peaks and spread a thick layer over the top to finish your super simple tasty trifle! Add decorations to your heart’s content to give it a bit of sparkle.