Helen Prady’s Gingerbread Cheesecake
- 250g gingerbread men, crushed
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large tub, cream cheese
- 100g light brown sugar
- 100g icing sugar
- 300ml double cream
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- 2 or 3tsp gingerbread syrup
- 3tsp ground ginger
Helen Prady is our colleague from our Carnforth store, and she has created this most delicious gingerbread cheesecake recipe, perfect as a festive dessert.
- Line a 8” loose bottomed tin with greaseproof paper.
- Crush all the gingerbread men into fine crumbs save 3 tsps for later. Melt the butter and add to the crushed biscuits.
- Press mixture well into the tin using the back of a spoon. Set aside for later.
- Whisk the cream cheese until soft, add the brown sugar and mix well. Mix in the icing sugar, ginger syrup, golden syrup, and ground ginger then mix well.
- Pour in the double cream and whisk till the mixture is light and fluffy with soft peaks.
- Pour onto the crumb base. Tap the tin several times to remove all the air bubbles. Smooth the top with a palette knife.
- Decorate with the spare gingerbread crumbs. I added some gold stars for a festive look.
- Chill the cheesecake overnight then serve and enjoy.