Henrietta Lebeter’s Spiced Plum Tart with a Gingerbread Crust
- 300g gingernut biscuits
- 150g unsalted butter
- 35g light brown sugar
- 8 or 9 plums
- 2tbsp agave nectar or honey
- 1/2tsp ground ginger
- 1/2tsp mixed spice
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3tbsp Shellys Mulled Gin
- Icing sugar for decoration
Our Settle colleague Henrietta Lebeter has created this stunning spiced plum tart with the most delicious gingerbread crust. It would make a fabulous addition to any festive buffet table.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/400°F/gas mark 6.
- In a food processor, blend the gingernuts, butter and sugar until well combined.
- Press mixture into 9” (23cm) non-stick fluted flan tin with removable base and blind bake for 25 minutes until the base has darkened to a rich brown. Use baking beans if necessary.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice plums and mix with ground ginger, mixed spice, vanilla extract, mulled gin and agave nectar. Set aside to infuse.
- Remove gingerbread crust from the oven. Once cool to the touch, arrange the infused plums on the crust. Drizzle with a little agave nectar or honey before returning to the oven to bake for a further 20 minutes or until the plums look juicy and have deepened in colour.
- Dust tart with icing sugar and serve warm with a large dollop of cream.