Minced Beef & Potato Cakes
- 400g Booths 5% fat beef mince
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 70g panko breadcrumbs
- 1tbsp unsalted butter
- Splash milk
- 3tbsp vegetable oil
- Gently brown the mince and onion in a frying pan with 1tbsp of the vegetable oil.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the potatoes until soft. Drain well and mash together with the butter and milk.
- In a separate pan, boil the carrots until soft.
- In a large bowl, bring together the cooked mince, mashed potato, carrots, and onion. Stir until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into 8 individual patties. Roll each one in panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and fry off the patties until golden. Serve immediately. If you’d like to oven bake these, pop them in the oven on a baking sheet lined with grease proof paper and lightly oiled, at 200°C/gas mark 5 for 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
Chefs tip: You can freeze your crisp bakes for up to 6 months. Once coated in breadcrumbs, place them in a plastic container with a sheet of grease proof paper between each patty. Simply defrost and fry or bake.