Mother’s Day Hash Brown Cups with Smoked Salmon
- For the cups
- 1 sweet potato (approx. 250g), peeled and grated
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 25g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- A little olive oil
- To serve
- 6 small eggs
- 150g smoked salmon
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed and sliced
- 4 tbsp hollandaise sauce
- 1 tsp chives, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/ 200°C/ gas mark 6.
- Place the hash brown cup ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Brush a 6 hole muffin tin lightly with olive oil. Divide the sweet potato mix between the holes. Push down the mixture to make a well in the middle and create a cup shape.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes. Then remove and crack an egg into each hash brown cup. Return to the oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and use a spatula to remove each hash brown cup.
- To serve, top with smoked salmon, sliced avocado, a dollop of hollandaise sauce and garnish with chives.
CHEF’S TIP: Why not swap the smoked salmon for griddled slices of