- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 stick celery, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g of Portobello mushrooms, finely chopped (or any mushrooms of choice)
- 100g wild mushrooms
- 1 courgette, cut into semi circles
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- Handful of fresh basil
- 2 tbsp tomato purrée
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 200g cooked spaghetti
- Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté the onion, carrot and celery for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the courgette, garlic, mushrooms and pepper then cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the basil and tomato purée and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the stock and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with cooked spaghetti and a sprinkling of basil and grated vegetarian Italian style hard cheese.
Chefs Tip: This is the perfect recipe for using up any leftover vegetables in the fridge. You could add tinned tomatoes too.