Naan Topped Chicken Tikka Pie
- 3 naan breads
- 6-8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, diced
- 3-4tbsp tikka pasta
- 1/2 cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 125g cooked green lentils
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 5tbsp natural yoghurt
- 5tbsp mango chutney
- 250ml chicken stock
- Fresh corainder, roughly chopped
- For the yoghurt mint dressing
- 8 sprigs fresh mint
- 2tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 220g natural yoghurt
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
A hearty, family friendly meal, this chicken tikka ‘pie’ is the perfect fakeaway!
- Preheat oven to 180ºc / 356ºf / gas mark 4.
- Boil a large pan of water and blanch the cauliflower for 2 minutes. Remove the cauliflower with a slotted spoon and place to one side, keeping the water in the pan. Add the sweet potato to the water and cook for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Mix the chicken thighs with the tikka paste until you have an even coating.
- Add the diced onion to a deep frying pan on a medium heat. Gently cook until softened.
- Add the coated chicken thighs to the pan and seal on a high heat. Once the chicken thighs are sealed, reduce the heat back down to medium heat.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, mango chutney, green lentils, cauliflower and sweet potato to the pan of chicken.
- Now add the chicken stock and bring to a gentle simmer for a few minutes. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the yoghurt.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to a medium sized oven proof dish.
- Tear up the naan breads and evenly distribute over the filling until the surface is well covered.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes in the oven until bubbling and golden. Serve with mint yoghurt dressing and a sprinkle of fresh coriander.
- For the yoghurt dressing: place all the ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth.