Pear, Blue Cheese and Prosciutto Soda Bread
- 300g Plain flour
- 200g Wholemeal
- 1tsp Salt
- 1 ½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 200g Pears, grated
- 100g Blue cheese, diced
- 50g Prosciutto, diced
- 200ml Milk
- 200g Plain yoghurt
- 1tsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Wholemeal flour to sprinkle on top
For anybody new to baking and wanting to have a go at making their own bread, why not try our super simple pear, blue cheese and prosciutto soda bread recipe?
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (fan)/425°F/gas mark 7. Combine the plain and wholemeal flours, salt and bicarbonate of soda. Then add the grated pear, blue cheese and prosciutto and stir well.
- Separately mix the milk, yoghurt and honey together. Make a well in the centre of the dry mixture and add the wet mixture, stir to combine.
- Line a 2lb loaf tin with baking paper and spoon in the mixture.
- Sprinkle the top of the loaf with one tablespoon of wholemeal flour and bake in a pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes. Allow to cool completely before removing from the tin and slicing.
Chefs Tip – This loaf makes a great accompaniment to a bowl of soup served warm and spread with butter. To make this loaf vegetarian swap the diced prosciutto for chopped walnuts.