Pepperoni Pizza with Artichoke & Bloody Mary Sauce
- 1 quantity Booths easy pizza dough
- For the Bloody Mary pizza sauce:
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 25ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Chilli flakes
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- 50ml vodka
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 25g basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For The Toppings:
- 10 slices pepperoni, cut into heart shapes
- 1/2 mozzarella ball, sliced
- 1 artichoke, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 240°C / 220°C Fan / 475°F / Gas Mark 9 and place a tray in the oven.
- For the pizza dough recipe click here.
- To make the Bloody Mary sauce, fry the sliced shallot and garlic in the olive oil and then add the balsamic, sugar and chilli flakes.
- Remove from the heat and add the crushed tomatoes, vodka, salt and the fresh basil.
- Liquidise in a blender and season to taste.
- To assemble, form the pizza dough into a heart shape on top of a lightly floured piece of parchment and slide it onto an upside-down thin tray.
- Top with the tomato sauce being careful to leave a gap at the edges, adding the heart shaped pepperoni, artichokes and thinly sliced mozzarella.
- Add a sprinkle of chilli flakes and slide the parchment off the tray onto the tray in the oven. Be careful as the oven is hot.
- After 3 minutes slide off and remove the piece of parchment and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes until everything is coloured and the bread is cooked.
- Serve with salad and a bottle of bubbly.
To stuff the crust, place mozzarella at the edges of the dough and roll over tight to enclose the cheese. Now top the pizza as normal for a delicious stuffed cheese crust pizza.