Roast Pork Loin with Sloe Gin and Cinnamon
- 454g sausage meat
- 2tsp cinnamon
- 2tbsp sloe gin
- 75g pistachio nuts
- 1.5kg pork loin joint, skin removed
- 20g sage leaves
- 400g smoked streaky bacon
This roast pork with sloe gin and cinnamon is a delicious addition to the buffet table, or why not the centrepiece of the feast on the big day?
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C (fan)/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Place the sausage meat, cinnamon, sloe gin and pistachio nuts in a bowl, mix well to combine.
- If tied, untie the pork loin joint, place skin side down on a board and cut a slit along the length of the meat to open it out like a book.
- Arrange the sage leaves along the loin in one layer.
- Spread the sausage meat stuffing along the length of the loin. Tightly roll the loin and tie with butcher’s string to secure.
- Wrap the pork loin with streaky bacon overlapping as you go. Reserve 8 rashers of bacon, use these to criss-cross over the bacon layer to decorate.
- Roast in a pre-heated oven for 1 hour 30minutes or until cooked through. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving.