Slow Cooker Mongolian Chicken Stew
- 750g chicken thigh, skinless and boneless
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 250ml chicken stock
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 6-8 broccoli florets
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, hoisin sauce, ginger, garlic and chilli flakes to create the sauce.
- Pour the sauce mixture on top of the chicken along with the chicken stock, broccoli, carrots and spring onions. Cook for 2-3 hours on low.
- Remove the chicken from the liquid and place on a plate or cutting board. Allow the chicken to rest for a couple of minutes and then shred with two forks or slice it with a knife.
- Transfer the liquid from the slow cooker to a small saucepan.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons of water with 1 tablespoon of corn starch. Slowly add the corn starch mixture to the sauce.
- Cook on high until bubbly and thickened, whisking constantly. Pour the sauce back in to the slow cooker along with the shredded chicken and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately with sesame seeds for garnish, if desired.