The Boho Baker’s Smoky Bourbon Barbecue Ribs
- 1 rack / 20-24 pork ribs
- 120g dark brown sugar
- 180ml bourbon
- 30ml Worcestershire sauce
- 12g mustard powder
- 2tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1tbsp cider vinegar
- 2tbsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp cornflour
The Boho Baker describes herself as “Baker. Writer. Forager. Wanderer. Organic ingredient and edible floral Enthusiast. Member of the Guild of Food Writers.” Very local to our HQ in Preston, she’s our fabulous professional guest recipe writer, and champion of celebrating the best of our local produce. Follow her on instagram @thebohobaker
- Whisk together the sugar, bourbon, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, tomato sauce and cider vinegar.
- Pop the ribs into a sealable bag or large container. Pour the marinade over the ribs, seal, and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the ribs from the marinade and grill on the barbecue until cooked through. Alternatively, you can cook the ribs in the oven for 90 minutes at 180°C/160°C (fan)/gas mark 4.
- Pour the marinade into a saucepan and whisk in the cornflour. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously until the sauce is thick and glossy. Pour the sauce over the ribs and serve immediately.