Smoky Pear Old Fashioned
- 2 thin slices of pear covered with a sprinkle of Demerara sugar
- 2 Demerara sugar cubes
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
- 25ml Kopparberg Premium pear cider
- 2x double measures The one fine blend Whisky (The Lakes Distillery)
- Large square ice cube mould
1. Grill the slices of sugar covered pear until golden and allow to cool.
2. In two whiskey tumblers place 1 sugar cube, 2 dashes of Angostura bitters and a splash of pear cider in each glass.
3. Crush down the sugar cube with a cocktail muddler and rotate the glass to coat the in-side with the mix.
4. Add 1 large ice cube, made with your large ice cube mould.
5. Add a double measure of whisky to each glass and then add your caramelised pear slice as a garnish and serve.
To add a smoky element, burn a few BBQ oak chips and place the glass over to impart the fla-vour before making the cocktail.