Spicy Lamb Burgers With Tzatziki
- For the burgers (makes 6)
- 750g Booths lamb mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1-2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped.(depending on how hot you like it)
- 1tsp Booths ground coriander
- 1tsp Booths ground cumin
- 1/2 beaten egg
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- 6 individual ciabatta buns
- For the tzatziki
- 1/2 cucumber, grated and squeezed dry
- 1tbsp mint, chopped
- 150ml natural yogurt
- 2tbsp greek yogurt
Pop the lamb mince into a mixing bowl with the garlic, onion, chilli, spices and mix with your hands until thoroughly mixed. Then pour in the egg and breadcrumbs and season with salt and milled pepper. Mix again until well combined. At this point, take a small amount of the mixture and fry in a little oil, just to check the seasoning and spice, add any more if required.
Divide the mixture into six burger shapes and place onto a tray, cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for about 1 hour. This will enable the mixture to form.
Meanwhile, to make the tzatziki simply mix all the ingredients, making sure all the water is squeezed out of the cucumber.
To cook the burgers, brush with a little oil and pop on a pre-heated barbecue or under a pre-heated grill for 10-12 minutes turning half way through.
Serve on a toasted ciabatta bun with crisp lettuce and tzatziki.